Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Why I do what I do

Some people have asked how I can manage to go to work and pretty much babysit kids all afternoon. Others ask why I decided to go into teaching. Well, here it goes. I am finally going to try and put it into words. Words on paper.

I love kids. I love playing with them and helping them have fun. Most days I have a lot of patience. This made me a good candidate for the job I have now. It also was good because I plan on being a teacher. That is what I am going to school for. Now why did I pick that? I didn't want to be like my mom. Or my sister. Or any of my friends. Every other career choice I made, no matter how short it was for, was because my mom, sister, or friend wanted to do it. One day I finally decided not to be like everyone else. I realized my love for children and teaching while I was working on my senior project at a preschool. That was when I knew. When I knew I wanted to teach. And wanted to teach little kids. Like really little. I decided then to open a preschool. I originally started my degree in music education but learned I was tone deaf, so I switched to elementary education.

This brings me to my job. I love my job. If I can I will stay at this job until I get my degree. May or may not happen. Why do I love it so much? Well for starters I love my students. They are some of the sweetest kindest and most polite kids I have ever met. I love watching them learn. I love teaching them new things. I love seeing when something finally clicks for them, or when they think something is cool. I love when they look up at me and say "OH!!! I get it!!" That is the best feeling ever. When something finally makes sense.

I do what I do because I love it. I love watching them learn and play. I love helping them learn and have fun. That is why I do this, and why I always want to do it.

Any questions? Don't forget to raise your hand/

Miss Hadleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment