Thursday, October 10, 2013

Silly Pumpkin Slime

This week for science we made silly pumpkin slime. It was super fun and super easy. I didn't let the kids make it themselves, I made it and then let them take some of it home. While I was making they had to write down what I was doing. Then half way through I had them make a prediction of what was going to happen next. After that they wrote what happened. The day I did this I was actually being observed by the district. I was so glad the kids were having fun and giggling when she came in. 

Here's the recipe. 

In a small bowl combine: 
3/4 a teaspoon of Borax
1 1/3 cups of very warm water. For my warm water I warmed water to the boiling  point. I used a cup of this and then 1/3 a cup of room temperature water. It worked well. 

In a larger bowl combine 
2 cups of white school glue (about 4 to 5 bottles)
1 1/2 cups of very warm water
Orange food coloring 
1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice. I made my own pumpkin pie spice. I'll include that at the bottom. 

Once both bowls are combined separately combine in the larger bowl. Stir. Stir. Stir. The mixture will congeal into a slime. If all the water doesn't go away, take the slime from the bowl and mix with your hands. 

And thats it. They loved it!

Now for my pie spice. 

3 tablespoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves

Combine in a small bowl and mix well. Store in a small jar. 

Thats all!

Any questions? Don't forget to raise your hand. 

Miss Hadleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment